The goal of the Early Years Program is to?
Offer families with young children the opportunity to connect with the service providers who provide early year's programs and services in our community. These services include speech and language therapy, occupational/physical therapy, behaviour support, nutrition, dental as well as many other child focused services/programs.
The Early Years Coordinator provides families with:
- Information, resources, and programs that support early childhood development and learning
- Opportunities to meet and gain information from a variety of early years’ service providers in a welcoming environment
- Referrals to and support with accessing early years services
- Continued support for families as they access further or additional services for their child or children.
- Opportunities to meet other families and share experiences
- Transportation to family/child groups and appointments
Uuuthluk ~ Monday from 10:30am to 1:30pm ~Snack and lunch provided
Nayi?ii ~ Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm ~Snack provided
Enhanced Eating in Balance - Every 2nd Friday - 10am to 1pm - Lunch provided
A multi-generational program that provides families with an introduction to Aboriginal Languages through play, art, songs, stories, and natural interactions with fluent Elder speakers
Nursing Services - Wellness Center - Mondays to Fridays ~Light lunch provided
A partnership program between the Port Alberni Friendship Center and the NTC Nursing Department